Prof. Dr. Md. Shafiul Alam
Prof. Dr. Md. Shafiul Alam was born in Bogura, Bangladesh. He completed his graduation (MBBS) from Rangpur Medical College in 1995. He joined Bangladesh health service as BCS health Cadre in 1999 at Adamdighi Health Complex, Bogura.
After completing his vaste post graduation training he achieved FCPS in General Surgery from Bangladesh College of Physicians & Surgeons and MS in Neurosurgery from Dhaka Medical College under Dhaka University. He also got honorary Fellowship FICS from International College of Surgeons, FACS from American College of Surgeons and MRCS from Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Glasgow.
He has trained in Neuroendoscopy, Japan; Advanced training in Spine, India; Advanced training in Gamma Knife Neurosurgery, Singapore and South Korea.
also has 32 national and 8 international publications in different reputed journals.
Now he is working as Professor (Gamma Knife) of Neurosurgery at National Institute of Neurosciences and Hospital, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
He has also been working as the Treasurer of Bangladesh Society of Neurosurgeons (BSNS).
Make a Appointment
- MBBS: Rangpur Medical College
- FCPS (Surgery): Bangladesh College of Physicians & Surgeons
- MS (Neurosurgery): University of Dhaka
- FICS (Neurosurgery): International College of Surgeons
- FACS (Neurological Surgery): American College of Surgeons
- MRCPS (Neurosurgery): Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow
- Traning on Neuroendoscopy – Japan
- Advance training in Spine Surgery – Indiia
- Training on Gamma Knife Radiosurgery- Singapore & South Korea.
- Special training on Endoscopic Lumber Discectomy from Mumbai, India.
- Treasurer – Bangladesh Society of Neurosurgeons (BSNS).
- Life Member – Neurospine Society of Bangladesh (NSSB).
- Executive Member – International College of Surgeons, Bangladesh Section.
- Life Member – Society of Surgeons of Bangladesh (SOSB).